Jun 2, 2017 5:14 PM
I'm busier than a seagull in a plate of french fries! However, it was great to get the new website up and running. It has only been a few weeks and the statistics show 235 page views and 97 unique users. Most are in the U.S., followed by UK, Australia, Canada, then Mexico. Not bad for just a few weeks. I'm slowly adding more content to the FAQ, Stuff for Writers, and this Blog. Yes, yes, I'm adding new Book Selfie pictures too. Though it has slowed down a little. Hint.
I do have a nice surprise coming within the next few weeks. A new release, which I'm going to make available for free from the website. I'm sure from the cover you can tell what it contains, along with a new short that I've been working on for awhile.
Other work in progress?
- Air Storm - Do You Dream of Falling - I'm still working on the outline and the first scene has been started.
- Preparing a new email newsletter which should be going out fairly soon. If you're not on my mailing list yet, just shoot me an email via the Contact page and I'll be sure to get you added.
- I'm working on the legalities of having a QRCode at the beginning of each chapter in Air Storm for a song which sets the tone for the chapter. I wanted to do this with Air Born, but I ran into too many issues with mainstream music and licensing. So, I'll be seeking music from indie artists and will be asking for their permission. I'm looking forward to listening to a lot of different music while writing. ;)
- I'm still trying to figure out how to get my Blog feed into Goodreads. Something very geeky, I'm sure.
- I've ended the exclusivity for my books on Amazon. My plan is to get Zegin's Adventures, Air Born, and Undiscovered into the correct formatting for other distributors, such as iBooks, Google Play, Smashwords, and Audible.
Yes, it's a lot to do, on top of working a full time job, spending time with the wife, hanging with friends, continuing with marketing, actual writing, and doing around 15 hours of community volunteer work per week.
Lots to do, and time to run. Drop me a note, let me know what you think of the new site, or just say hello.
Thank you for visiting.
May 15, 2017 9:23 PM
I'm sure everyone has been wondering when I was going to get around to a new Blog posting. Well, my excuse is that I've been working on this new site and wanted to get it done before another post. The original site went live in September, 2010, with the intent of it being my official Author's site. A lot has changed in seven years. Two Zegin's stories, six short stories on OMNI, and then Air Born.
Wow, Air Born! I had no idea how much love this story would get. Needless to say, after looking at my tired, old Blogger site, I decided it was about time I got to work and stepped it up a few notches. So, here we are with a little more spit and polish. I hope this turns into a nice professional platform for me as an author. But remember, it's still the same old Timinator underneith this polished exterior.
I do want to give a shout out to the DotEasy.com folks and their new tools for website development. If it hadn't been for the availability of the website.com tools, this would've have taken me a huge amount of time. I've been with DotEasy for over 15 years and I'm still very pleased with their offerings and support. If you need an affordable yet robust website, give them a look.
This site is nowhere done and will continue to be a living and breathing extension of me and my writing. I'll still be found on the various social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), but for engaging me as a professional writer, public speaker, creative, and life efficiency expert, this is the place to watch and interact with me on.
And for all those who have stuck with me for so many years, have shown their support and love through all my various levels of creativity - THANK YOU! I love you all!
P.S. The old site is still accessable and I'll keep a link to it in the Links page until the last vestige of interest fades away into the setting of the three moons of Kezwal.